Saturday, August 27, 2011

Altoid Tin Haunted house

Altoids Haunted House

I am currently in a swap using  wood, tin, or glass to make a house. I used an Altoids tin to make a haunted house. I sprayed newspaper with Color Mists and covered the outside of the tin. I also used some of the newspaper for the tree on the back of the tin. I painted the windows, and used an index card for the roof.

The inside of the house has a spider web on tissue paper,and a witch using an image from a birthday card.

This was a fun house to make. The tin was rather small to work on, but it was rewarding.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

My Birthday Block

About 6  months ago I sent off a red block for a birthday block round robin. After all these months it has returned home.
Still some red under all the fabulousness, but definitely not the plain block I sent off. I'm not sure who added which things. The pics don't actually capture all the layers and uniqueness of all the artwork on it.
Everyone needs flowers for their b-day

This shoe is more 3 dimensional than it looks

Yummy cupcake
 One view complete w/ birthday candle and a lil bubbly

adorable surfing kitty :)

My Birthday banner and colorful base.
Thanks ladies for a wonderful block to celebrate my birthday!!

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Bottlecap Snowman

During one of those nights I just couldn't sleep I was trying to organise some of my mess and came across a pack of bottle caps. It reminded me of a cute Christmas ornament I'd recently seen. Just a simple snowman. A little paint and a ribbon was all I needed. So simple the kids could whip these out in practically no time at all.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Book Wreath

I have seen several versions of book wreaths on Pinterest and decided to give it a whirl. I wasn't prepared to make one so I improvised for the backing, instead of using a foam wreath form I cut a family size pizza box lid to use for the base.
Next I tore pages from a couple of paperbacks that nobody in our house was interested in reading. Rolled them into tubes, folded one end over about 1/4 inch and stapled it.
Next thing I did was break out the trusty old glue gun. I started in the middle and glued tubes around the circle filling in spots as I saw the need in each consecutive row (Of course I burned my fingers for proof I was using said glue gun ). A few one inch strips folded accordion style glued over the sloppy inner circle helped it look more finished. All I need now, is a trip to the craft or fabric store for some festive ribbons and bows to use for each season. It only took about 2 hours for me to figure out what I wanted to do and complete the whole wreath. I think I'll try making another one with some variations in size and colored paper. For now I'm pleased with this one:)


link within