Saturday, September 17, 2011

Farm Fresh

My sister has a backyard chicken coop with about 14 hens. They lay both brown and white eggs. They're loads of fun for her and we all enjoy the bounty of the nest. You can check out her little farm at http://girly-qfarms.blogspot.com/ 
A couple of months ago she tore down her front fence and has the boards waiting be used for kindling wood this winter. I rummaged through and found a few boards to make some signs out of. Since it was her wood I decided to make her sign first.
After pulling out some very rusty nails and using a wire brush to clean the board I noticed it was cracked and wouldn't last long in that condition. Didn't take much of a tug for it to break in two.
I will admit that I painted several layers on one end before finally coming up with colors that I liked and the right size.

Not sure if she'll put the sign on her coop, in her kitchen or where, but she liked it and it was fun to make.


1 comment:

LinkWithin

link within