Sunday, November 20, 2011

Can of Christmas

This Christmas I have some smaller sized gifts and of course gift cards to wrap. I made some Christmas cans to use as wrapping.

I started with a pop top can, you have to find one with the right type with a ridge on the bottom, to enable you to use the type of can opener that cuts the lid ( or bottom in this case) off without sharp edges.

Just decorate the can anyway you'd like. I used some scrapbook paper, and glittery stars and snowballs.


The cans are the perfect size for gift cards, small ornament exchanges, candy, diamonds
 ( hint, hint).

Just glue the bottom back on, add a tag and you're set. It's fun to see the surprised looks on the kids' faces when they can't figure out how you got their gift inside the can once they pop off the top.


2 comments:

  1. What an excellent idea!!! Several months ago I got one of those can openers that don't leave sharp edges....and every time I open a can I wonder what can I do with this can?! Specially the big ole ones!
    Merry Merry Tipi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you posted pictures I wasn't quite getting it when you first described it, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

link within